Sunday, October 27, 2013

Be Still My Soul


I am so thankful for Sundays. College is so crazy and busy and its so great to have one day to remember what's really important.  Even though I was late to church and missed the sacrament..(whoops) I had a lot of great impressions today! The first thing that was so cool was before Relief Society started, the 2 girls that were teaching left the room together and I overheard that they were going to say a prayer.  I don't know why this impacted me so much, but I just knew that they had worked so hard on the lesson and wanted it to have an impact on somebody they were teaching.  Well they succeeded! I just love that I can find joy through my Savior everyday, whether it is a good day or a bad day.  Then later in the day, I was about to skip out on a Relief Society Fireside and take a nice nap, but I decided I better go.  Through a lot of the meeting, I was kind of wishing I would have stayed home and napped, but the last talk was really what I needed to hear.  President Rasband talked to us about the scripture Proverbs 31:10 that says, "Who can find a virtuous woman? For her price is far above rubies."  He told us that the reason rubies are so valuable is that they are rare.  What makes me valuable is that I am rare.. And on a normal day I probably would have said that what I don't like about myself! That I'm different from all the other girls out there.. But the way he put it just made me feel so happy about who I am, because a lot of the ways that I am different are what make me valuable in the eyes of God.  Today was just a great day to take a break and calm my heart and mind from the craziness that is life and point it back to the Savior.

Life is good on Sundays.

1 comment:

  1. Kayla, I seriously love this!! That is such a sweet moment about Sara and Kennedy. Sundays are my absolute favorite here (as are you). Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete