Thursday, February 27, 2014

I'm going to the Philippines!

Dear Sister Lockwood: 
You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  You are assigned to labor in the Philippines Manila mission.  It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months. You should report to the Philippines Missionary Training Center on Friday, July 18, 2014.  You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Tagalog language.











Well, its official!! I am serving a mission in the PHILIPPINES! I cannot even believe it. I'm going to wake up in the morning tomorrow and wonder if I dreamt this whole thing up. All I can say is that I am so humbled, excited, terrified, and blessed.  I love my Heavenly Father so much, and I know that this call came from Him.  I was so shocked when I read the letter, but now I am getting more excited by the second.  I had no idea where the Philippines even was, and I pronounced "Tagalog" as "Tagalong" like the girl scout cookie…hahaha.  But now that I've figured out that the Philippines is off the coast of Asia, and Tagalog is similar to the Spanish language, I'm feeling a little better.  I already feel like I LOVE the people.  Seriously just looking at pictures and hearing about the culture makes me so excited to meet with the people of the Philippines.  There's going to be lots of crazy adventures and new experiences, that's for sure.

I know that God lives and that He loves me and every single person walking this planet.  He has a plan for each of us. I know that it is His plan for me to go to the Philippines and bring people unto His son, Jesus Christ.  I feel so humbled and grateful to be able to represent my Savior as I go across the world to teach His gospel!  

LIFE IS SO GOOD BECAUSE I'M GOING ON A MISSION TO THE PHILIPPINES!

1 comment:

  1. I am so so so excited for you Kayla! You will be a blessing to all the people there, and I'm sure you will find yourself learning just as much as you are teaching- what a unique and diverse culture! Love you!
    Alana

    ReplyDelete