Saturday, November 2, 2013

A Time to be Thankful

Happy November!  This month is so exciting because I get to go to Amarillo for Thanksgiving and see Marmee and Grandpa and all my favorite cousins and its my birthday month!  But, I want to really try hard to look for things to be thankful for everyday since it is Thanksgiving. I really have been so blessed and I have SO much to be grateful for. So since the biggest blessing in my life is my family, I'll start of the month telling you about them (:


This is T.J.  He is the sweetest 12 year old you may ever meet.  He's a total rockstar basketball and baseball player and seriously just a great all around kid.  Even though he's 6 years younger than me, he's been such a great example.  He always does his homework right after school, and he's out shooting hoops almost everyday. Every night I would walk past his room and see him reading his scriptures before bed.  His desire to do what's right all the time is something I admire so much. Since coming to BYU I miss kissing him and loving on him all the time.  I also miss hearing him quote movies in random conversations all the time. I can't wait until Christmas when I can see him balling it on the basketball court! I am so thankful for T.J!


Nafennnn!  Nathan is one of my best friends.  Even though he kicks my butt on the tennis court, I still love him to death.  Any time I'm having a bad day, Nate knows how to make me smile.  I miss taking him to Taco Bell or to Bid's all the time, or coming home late at night and waking him up when's he's asleep on the couch (;  Hearing his laugh can turn anyone's day into a great one. Anybody that knows Nathan would tell you he's the kindest guy around and would never do anything to even hurt a fly.  Since he was just a little kid, he was always looking out for the people around him. He's a total lover, but he also loves adventure.  Nathan has always been down to do stuff like ride the front row of the top thrill dragster with me, or parasail over the ocean. I love Nathan SO much!


Meet my momma! She is absolutely wonderful.  She's my best friend and I don't know where or who I would be without her.  She's taught me so much and done so much for me.  I miss being able to come home and talk to her after a hard day, or just tagging along when she goes to Wal Mart, but she's still such a strength to me even when I live across the country. I call her everytime I'm leaving the testing center, because I know that if I did poorly on a test, she'll be the one to make me feel better, and if I've done well on a test, she'll be the most excited for me. I've always wanted to be just like my mom, and I  hope one day I'll be half as good of a Mom as she is.  I'm so thankful for my mom.


My dad kinda rocks.  I have so many great memories with him I wouldn't trade for the world.  He's the biggest kid at heart and he truly loves the people around him.  I miss going to the dances where he would DJ or going out and playing tennis with him.  One time he took me to go see Weird Al in concert and we dressed up like nerds. What dad is that cool? My relationship with my dad has helped me grow and learn so much. He has always tried so hard to show me how much he loves me.  Now that I'm at college I find myself doing things I know I totally inherited from him like signing up for a spinning class, or jamming out to 80's music while I clean my dorm room. He's an amazing Dad and person, I am so thankful for him.

Well now that I am totally bawling...that's my family! I miss them everyday but I love them to death and I am so thankful for them.  I CANNOT WAIT to see them in just a month and a half!!  Being apart from them has really showed me how much they mean to me. They are definitely the biggest blessing I have to be thankful for in this Thanksgiving month.

Life is good when I'm thankful for my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment