Thursday, November 14, 2013

I love birthdays.

Since coming to BYU, I've realized that I am almost obsessed with birthdays. Your birthday is the one day of the year that its allowed to be all about you. When you think about it, it is the coolest holiday ever! Everyone deserves a day of the year to be recognized for how amazing they are.  Even though I totally love my own birthday, I honestly love everyone else's birthday even more.  Like this year for Taylore's birthday, I was thinking to myself that it is literally one of my favorite days of the whole year. I get to plan surprises and gifts and good food!  Nothing beats the feeling of planning cute things for someone's birthday and watching them be happy on their day.
So, one of the best parts about living in a dorm is that its someone's birthday like all the time!! Today is Liz's birthday.  Liz lives across the hall from me and she's become a great friend to me over the past few months.  She's so easy and fun to talk to, I feel like I could tell her anything.  She's always up for a party and is so giving of all of her things and her time.   I LOVE liz and I'm so happy that we get to celebrate her today! 


This is what we do to decorate for birthdays here!! Totally reminds me of how Mom would decorate our doors at home on our birthdays (: She's definitely where I get this affinity for birthdays. Well everyone wish Liz a happy birthday tomorrow!! (:

Life is good when it's someone else's birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment