Sunday, December 29, 2013

A Wickedly Merry Christmas/Birthday Week!












This week was crazy busy but absolutely wonderful! Christmas is definitely the best day of the whole year.  It was a little weird because this was the first Christmas of my whole life I wasn't in Texas at Marmee's house, but it went surprisingly well here in Ohio. On Christmas Eve we went caroling and took goodie plates to our neighbors and friends.  Then we went to the Wither's from church house with some other families.  We played games and then read the story of the Savior's birth in Luke.  Some people sang songs and played instruments, I loved it!  After leaving their house we went home to do our Christmas Eve traditions.  We watched a movie about Christ and then gave gifts to Jesus.  Every year since I was born we get together on Christmas Eve and write down what we want to do better in the upcoming year as our gift to Jesus, and we reflect on how we did on the previous years gift. Then we leave what we wrote down in a white gift box!  This year I said that I wanted to learn to love the scriptures, to try and love and serve everyone around me, and to have a positive attitude. It was a great night!  We woke up on Christmas morning and Santa had left the stockings filled with goodies and the table was set with hot chocolate and the cutest new mugs (:  We all had breakfast together and then opened all of our presents.  After napping, playing games (which I was the champion of), and getting ready we went to the movies to see Saving Mr. Banks! It wasn't the movie we were expecting but it was good! 
Marmee flew in on Christmas night and it was her birthday this week! So of course, we had to celebrate!  We took her to the Melting Pot and to see Wicked up at Playhouse Square! It was SO GOOD, I LOVED it!  
This week I got to hang out with Lauren! I love how even though we've been apart for 4 months it doesn't feel like it at all.  Marmee also taught me how to knit, and of course I've spent lots of time loving on my favorite dog Buddy <3 Overall its been such a fun trip home to Ohio! I hope I'm able to part with it all when its time go head back to BYU.

Life is good at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment